You came here because you encountered a TypeError: got an unexpected keyword argument error in Pandas.
TypeError Pandas issue
In my case, the full text of the exception is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\panda\PandasHowTo\new.py”, line 3, in <module>
File “C:\Users\panda\PandasHowTo\venv\lib\site-packages\pandas\util\_decorators.py”, line 311, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: read_csv() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘aaa’
Process finished with exit code 1
If your TypeError looks similar then the article below will solve the problem you have encountered.
Why do i see TypeError
The TypeError appeared because you are using a parameter which is not available for the Python function you are using.
In most cases, the TypeError in Pandas occurs in two different cases:
1. you made a typo
2. you are using a parameter that was available in older versions of the Pandas function you are using, but is no longer available and you cannot use it
How to fix TypeError
There are several ways to fix TypeError in Pandas.
- Check the spelling and correct any typos.
- Use another parameter that is available for the function you are using.
- Use another function that offers the parameter you want.
- Use another python module, for example Numpy. Pandas isn’t the only Python module you can use.
- Write your own function in python.
- Check the documentation for the function or method you are calling and ensure that you are passing valid arguments.